Thursday, July 4, 2019

July 4, 2019: 45 Years ago today...


B&C:  Bob & CALi
Together in Evanston
Summer of 2017

16,436 Days: July 4, 1974 to July 4, 2019
                                                                                                              
So much for reminiscing as BOB & I sit out the Fireworks trying to keep our beautiful CALiCO CAT, CALi as calm and comfortable as possible. She’s frightened by Thunder, Lightning and Loud Noises.  You cannot get any louder than these Sonic Booms.  Imagine what the Poor Pets go through living in Times of War, Bombings and Civil Strife.

45 Years ago Today...

On July 4, 1974, I moved into my First Apartment.  I had gone from Small Town America to Big City Living.  It was a cool Move, Date & Time-wise as it was marked my Securing of my 1st Apartment as an Adult on Independence Day.  $155 a month on the prestigious Sheridan Road across the Street from Lake Michigan.

Today, you cannot find a cheap Hotel for $155 a night let alone any longer stay.  This was $5 a Day, for those who were so wondering.

In other Words, Adrienne Sue (before I changed and classed up my Name to: SIOUX in 1984) got her Independence on Independence Day, our Nation’s Birthday.  It was the 198TH if I am doing the Math correctly.  If not, what’s a few years once you get over the Centennial Mark.

It was a Thursday as I recall as it is Today. My Mother drove in to help on that Move as I was the oldest & the Best Child, of course. She was 45 years old (1/2 of her age now).  I was 22 and had just graduated from Washington University in St. Louis & landed a great creative Job in Advertising in the John Hancock Building, considered a 'Big Deal' for a Gal from a small farming community in down state Illinois.

Today, Mom is 90 and I’m 66.  That Slot of Time just blew on by. In another 45 years, I’m suspecting Things will be different.  Vastly so.  Who would have guessed or known...

Penned:  7-4-2019 - 8:44 pm cst

There She is: CALi
Best CAT in The World.
A suPURR Species
amongst them all.


1 comment:

Alessandro Machi said...

What is a GORF Holidate?