Monday, November 16, 2009

ASK's Biking Record hits 3700 Miles.

without even leaving the County of Cook.

Imagine that.

All of this happened last Saturday while biking my way across Greater Chicagoland, I raked managed to attain 3700 miles since May 29, 2008 when I bought my latest cruiser. Not only is that a fabulous feat for a woman of my age -- 57, but the Bike served a terrific purpose on november 10th which can only be described as 'miraculous.'

While on the platform of the CTA Train, I sprained my ankle really badly. I was scheduled to cover the Veranda Magazine Show at the Merchandise Mart and would be going from showroom to showroom, which is always a treat, but this is when both ankles are working. By the end of the day, I had a swollen foot and could barely get home. Leaving the bike at the local train stop, I needed to retrieve it first, before anything else. After all, one does BOND to their bike, as a cowboy to his horse or a man to his best friend, a dog.

I managed to get to the bike and as soon as I got on the seat, biking home came as second nature -- it felt incredible -- for the only reason that I was so mobile and I managed to get back to Home within my usual 7 minute span. Of course, carrying the bike into the basement to keep it safe and secure was another story...since the nickname 'Hop-along' came to mind, but I was determined to take the bike down the 5 steps and I did.

Records and bike stories are just 2 of the wonderful things accomplishable via bikes. Start making your own trails.

Posted by:
ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
Monday, November 16, 2009 - 1:35 PM CSt

No comments: