Friday, September 7, 2018

Heading down Memory – MEOWmory Lane – with PlanetMoney. Not exactly just another Day in the Life of “The Gatekeeper of Eventology.”




Heading down Memory – MEOWmory Lane – with PlanetMoney.  Not exactly just another Day in the Life of “The Gatekeeper of Eventology.”





ASK/Chicago:

Friday, September 7, 2018



It’s awfully hard 2 decide which is your Favorite Interview when you’ve been doing them since 1990 as each reflects a Special Moment with a certain Angle to convey, but one that clearly stands-out to this Day (approaching 30 years as of July 25, 2020) as most memorable was staged on April 5, 2017 with Kenny Malone, Host & Anchor of NPR’s Planet Money who flew from New York City to Chicago to interview me regarding 1 of my top 10 Holidates, National Splurge Day ©1994. I was honored as I did not have a Book out but clearly the Intensity of the EVENT Making Process was what grabbed his Attention to make (t)his long-distance Trip. Our Day-long Interview covered the Gamut of Questions on how a new Literary Genre was developed from simple every Day learned Experiences; to how the Core Essence of EVENTOLOGY initially was to draw Addicts away from their Substance of Choice in order to lead a happier and saner Existence.





But not knowing when the SHOW would be snatched away from its “Script” happened in an oh-so unexpected Way. For a reason only known to her, my Cat, Cali My Calico jumped up into Kenny’s lap as we were seated in the Kitchen during the Early Afternoon. She paused and proceeded to sneeze directly into his Mic. Focusing on his Question, I was well into “My Zone of Concentration” explaining how Events-as-Stories could act as a “Catalyst for Good” when her sudden Sneeze broke The Spell.



My First Thought (as a doting Cat Mom was):  My BabyCat has a cold. I need to wipe her little Pink Nose. I immediately blurted out: “God Bless You” to which Kenny turned and asked: “Why did you bless a CAT?”  Totally dumbfounded by his Question (as We always blessed our Animals at home while growing up), I shockingly and (sort of indignantly stated in defense): “Because she’s my Darling.” Didn’t everyone do that?  13 Days later when The Interview aired, he had left her beautiful Little Sneeze in The Podcast.  And, to me, that was the Best Part. Heading my own PRAM: Public Relations – Advertising – Marketing Company since 1979, I saw that as a Branding Opportunity or opPURRtunity because of its Spontaneity & Charm. I labelled it “The Sneeze heard around the World” because of NPR’s Popularity and the Popularity of Cats as a favorite Pet. IF I owned Kleenex Conglomerate, I’d invest in a SuperBowl TV Commercial Spot spotlighting this Little Cat’s Sneeze. Move over Clydesdales. Every Cat Owner would simply adore it.



Entitled & online at:

Episode 765: The Holiday Industrial Complex
April 18, 20176:37 PM ET



https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2017/04/18/524577372/episode-765-the-holiday-industrial-complex

No comments: