Friday, June 12, 2009

24 Faux Fur Fridays and the Beat goes on...for SHE's GOT THE LOOK.

Chicago, IL USA:

Last night for those of you watching cable television (Channel 221 in Chicagoland), you may have caught the Second Premier of SHE's GOT THE LOOK. Out of a Cattle Call of approximtely 400 Women from Chicago, I placed within the Top 20 at which time, I got the opportunity to 'present myself' to the 3 Judges, namely:

Robert Verdi
Sean Patterson
Beverly Johnson

all New York City Fashion & Beauty Industrial Greats. Upon sizing me up, Robert exclaimed:

"I have never seen so much hair on one person."

Truer words were never spoken.

In that Crowd of Hopefuls dressed to the Nines was yours truly clad in a sizzling faux fur coat that Judge/Celebrity Stylist ROBERT VERDI really liked.

Hair - Yes.
Coat - Yes.

He liked my Coat so much that he jumped off stage, and seeing the excitement in his face and knowing I was a FUN sort of gal, I took the Coat off, knowing he was way too big to even fit into it! After all, Guys just like to have fun.

At which point I slipped out of my coat - let him try it on and then tossed my full, auburn waist length Mane over his head. The camera man was all there to SEIZE THE KODAK MOMENT -- take photos and this 'Show' was aired -- no words - just FUN, FAUX FUR & FEMME FATALE-ing to the max.

From this brief Cinematic Encounter/Experience, arose my FAUX FUR FRIDAYS - which now is celebrating its 24TH Week, having begun on Friday, January 2, 2009 as well as my latest Novella:

SKiN
How 10 Beloved Plush Toys Redefine Race

The older you get the more you see how things are linked and linked up. SHE's GOT THE LOOK for Season #2 is looking for models over 35 years old. Finally, it's great to know that older Women are being appreciated for who they are and who they have developed into. This is one Chance to prove that Seniority is a full-time occupation.

It is truely amazing how somehow unrelated Events segue into other Challenges and Opportunities. This may just be one of those...

Time will tell.

Posted by: ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
Friday, June 12, 2009 - 1:03 PM CST
askoopersmith(at)hotmail(dot)com

No comments: