Tuesday, June 2, 2009

ASK's Eventological Proclamation. Celebrating NORTON JUSTER's 80TH Birthday.

Chicago, IL USA.

Last Summer, I had the express Opportunity to be told about THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH by two friends that suggested I read it. Taking their advice, I did so and was completely taken with what a powerful book it was. Written in 1961 by Norton Juster (who later became a world-famous author), I was only 9 at the time and had no idea about its existence. However, some 47 years later, the Book is as on target as it was 'back then.' If you haven't read it...yet...it's never too late as the Topic is Timeless.

For Teachers, I highly suggest they use it in their Math Classes to get boys and girls interested in Math -- in case they already aren't. I wasn't, but if I had read 'THE PHANTOM TOLLBOOTH' while in grade school or even high school, I'm sure my Skills in Arithmetic would have improved significantly. If not...

As 'America's Premier Eventologist' I have proclaimed:

June 2, 2009 - June 2, 2010

as the YEAR OF NORTON JUSTER.

Thirteen (13) full Eventological Proclamations (collector items) have been sent to the leading 13 Galleries in the USA (in late December) so they, too, will know what a Contribution Mr. Juster has made to American Literature.

Copies of the ASKian Proclamation is available by emailing me directly at:

askoopersmith(at)hotmail(dot)com

Written & Submitted by:
ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
Author of SKiN (C)2009

Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 - 2:42 PM CST

No comments: