Thursday, April 3, 2008

Koopersmith Unveils: Matzo Month International for 2008

“Matzo & Memories”

Penned and composed by:
ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
Koopersmith’s Global Communications
“People read what Adrienne writes about…”
Chicago, Illinois USA

askoopersmith@hotmail.com

DateLine: Thursday, April 3, 2008

Many, many years ago when I was a Teenager and exploring the World, I had an Experience in Central Park in New York City. Hailing from a small Town in mid-Illinois, this came as no Surprise to me. Things did happen in Central Park. It made News every Day.

However, this Story did not make News. It actually was buried for nearly 36 Years until I spotted a Column in the Jewish Forward in their March 28TH Edition stating that Streits Matzo Company was closing its Manhattan Plant after a glorious span of 83 years (beginning in 1925) of providing the best Matzos on the Planet. Thinking of my particular Story, I decided to share it now. There’s no Audio or Video, just a Written Account, to be sent via eMail, one Item that was not on my ‘Menu’ in Spring of 1971 when I visited ‘The Big Apple’ and this Occasion happened.

BACKGROUND:
My Mother was 19 when she first ventured to New York City with her Parents. Wishing to share The Experience and because I was leaving for School (College) in only 6 Months, this was her going-away present to me, one I would not ever forget. We arrived before Passover and visited all the hot shopping Neighborhoods; went on site-seeing Excursions and even saw Fiddler On The Roof, my first stage play.

Wanting to see a bit of Nature, we decided to picnic in Central Park. Always watching my Weight, I knew from 5 years of Teenage Dieting that unleavened Crackers was just as filling as Bread but with less Calories. It possessed Character, Tradition, Taste and a History of its very own. I picked up a Box before We began our Trek into this ‘Concrete Jungle.’

Mom and my younger Sister left me alone to sit and wait till they bought Refreshments from a Vendor who was posted just ‘up the beaten Path.’ As I sat on a Bench waiting for their return, munching on my Streits Matzo, a blind Man slowly approached me with his wooden carved Cane in hand.

“There’s a Seat here,” I told him, knowing he could not rightly see the ¾ empty Bench.

“You can sit down here, if you like.” I probably sounded like Jenny inviting Forrest Gump to sit with her when they initially met on the old school bus back in Green Bow, Alabama.

He slowly made his Way over, patted his Hand on the wooden Bench, smiled and sat down.

“You visiting, Young Miss?” he asked me.

I surmised he could tell I was young through the Inclination in my Voice.

“Yes, I am, Sir.” I confirmed. “From a small Town 100 Miles southwest of Chicago.”

“Is it a nice Place to live?” he asked.

“I think so. We don’t lock our Doors. This is the first Time I’ve been to New York City in my whole Life!” I enthusiastically replied.

“Have you lived here long?” I then asked him in return.

“Yes, Young Miss. All my Life.”

“There’s a lot to SEE here…” I began to say when I realized he could not physically SEE all the Wonders New York City had to offer. Then, I asked in an innocently, subtle but fumbling Voice: “Is it hard to get around and all?”

“I’m used to it,” he said, nodding his Head.

Realizing I was eating in front of the Man (even though I’m not sure if he could detect the Matzo on my Breath, I reached into the Box and grabbed a big Square and handed it to him. “Here, take this,” I said.

“Why thank you” he said as he took the perforated Dough Strip from me.

“What is this?” he said with his Voice rising as he raked his Fingers over the Matzo. “Who wrote this Stuff?”

Floored that he thought I handed him a Page of Braille Text, I said: “You eat it not read it!”

MATZOIC INSIGHTS:
Matzo has not only crossed many, many Cultures, but Time, Age, Sight vs. unSighted and Historical Barriers of People inhabiting big Cities to small Villages since it was first baked Thousands of Years ago. The unleavened Bread continues to leave its Mark on People with every Passing Date and Crumb and can even make Friends from mere Strangers as my Story entailed.


FROM THE BEGINNING OF THAT OTHER CENTURY:
“Matzo Matters”

Today in a Contemporary Setting, Chicago Jewry eats (a) lot(s) of Streits, Manischewitz (since 1888) and Yehuda Matzos year round, but this Story is what happened to me personally on the Streets of New York City mingling with the Natives in Central Park, a Story I am happy to share and one, indeed, that would make for a very fine TV Ad and/or Commercial.

After all, you don’t need to be observant – or even Jewish – or even SEE the ‘Stuff’ that matters and to enjoy the Taste and Flavor of Matzo. Generations before you and after you have and will…thanks to the arduous Work and Recipes of Companies like Streits Matzo.

EDITORIAL NOTE:

Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith, born in Mendota, Illinois in 1952 is known as: ‘America’s Premier Eventologist’ & ‘The Premier Eventologist in the History of the World’

Her 1,700+ HOLIDATES fall into 39 specialized Categories of which 408 of them deal with FOOD and eating wisely and healthily. This Segment is classically known as EAT-Vents ® and are Part and Parcel of her: EAT-Vent-O-Pedia ® that was first released in 1998.

MATZO MONTH INTERNATIONAL ©2008 is her latest Food Event in honor of the Passover & Purim of 2008.

CONTACT INFO:
To feature ASK in any of your Print/TV Ads and Commercials and/or interview Ms. Koopersmith about her HOLIDATES TO CELEBRATE ®, call:

847-533-4315
and/or email ASK at:

askoopersmith@hotmail.com
Adrienne.Sioux.Koopersmith@hotmail.com

©1979-2008. ADRIENNE SIOUX KOOPERSMITH.
All Rights Reserved.

No comments: