G O R F
“THE FROG’s GOT LEGS ®.”
Dateline: Tuesday, July 1, 2008
WHY THE GREEN MOVEMENT NEEDS GORF:
Most (if not all) great Movements, Crusades and Campaigns (labeled as good, bad (or sometimes merely commercial) in The History of The World have progressed, triumphed succeeded and engaged the Masses’ Attention.
Many actually became Movements (with a Capital ‘M)’, physically moving a Society, Country or Kindred Group to dramatic Effects (Progress, Traction, Direction, Longevity and/or Results) by being unified under or behind a Symbol (Image, Icon, Spokesperson, Animal or Anthropomorphized Creation) that focused and unified a Theme, a Passion or a Following. Said Image/Symbol/Icon was not only recognizable, but became inseparable and universally accepted almost becoming One with The Movement or Theme itself by being so closely linked to a compelling Symbol, Object or Insignia.
A SAMPLING OF THESE SYMBOLS OR ICONS
TAKEN FROM THE FILES OF POP CULTURE INCLUDES:
- Geico’s Gecko
- Mr. Peanut
- Smokey The Bear
- Speedy, The Alka-Seltzer Tablet
- The Jolly Green Giant
But with GORF, We are not talking about ‘Smokey’ saving The Forests in America or relieving Heartburn with ‘Speedy’ or Insurance Buyers receiving a 15% Savings on their Annual Premium Payments, We are TALKING ABOUT SAVING THE WHOLE PLANET – Life itself and its Salvation:
For your Children.
For your Grandchildren.
For every single One of us.
THE GREEN MOVEMENT needs and must have a STAR ICON.
GORF is that Candidate.
RELIGIONS & NATIONAL/INTERNATIONAL MOVEMENTS:
COMMERCIAL CAMPAIGNS AND PUBLIC SERVICE CAMPAIGNS
- Judaism and The Six Pointed Star of David;
- Christianity and The Images of The Cross & The Fish (to a lesser extent);
- Islam and The Crescent;
- Geico Insurance and the charming Gecko with the Cockney Accent;
- Fighting Forest Fires with Smokey The Bear;
- Planter’s Peanuts with Mr. Peanut;
- The Peace Movement with The Peace Symbol;
- The Jolly Green Giant with The Theme: ‘Ho Ho Ho, Green Giant;’ &
- Nazism and The Swastika
THE GREEN MOVEMENT
needs and must have its Symbol
(as Smokey, The Bear or The Gecko)
GORF is the ABSOLUTELY PERFECT CHOICE.
GORF is “THE PEOPLE’s FROG. ®”
WHY? Because GORF is:
- Acutely and highly visible.
- Charming. Lovable, even.
- Striking in Appearance.
- Unforgettable. Who can forget that Smile; those Eyes; those dangling Skinny Legs?
- Visually and logically appropriate.
THE LOGIC BEHIND & HISTORY OF THE MAGNETIC DRAW OF THE PLUSH TOY FROG, GORF
GORF immediately stops People in their Tracks (which is so rare in an apparently cold, barren, indifferent and cruel World). GORF magically ‘breaks the Ice’ and turns Strangers into Friends once HE is spotted in the Arms of his Keeper ASK: ADRIENNE SIOUX KOOPERSMITH. T(his) magnetic Appeal then begins an enticing Eco-Conversation & Interaction that enforces the utter Importance of ‘Going Green.’ No other Person, Place, Thing, Concept or Entity possesses this innate Quality. For that Reason, ASK is employing the obvious Friendliness, Attraction and Appeal of GORF to further explore, explode and expose The Cause of THE GREEN MOVEMENT.
TO CONTINUOUSLY BUILD THE MOMENTUM:
ADRIENNE has declared:
2006-2016 as THE DECADE OF THE FROG with GORF officiating
to spread and promote his Life or Death Message both near and afar in order to SAVE THE PLANET, Humanity and all Creatures BIG and SMALL. Simultaneously, at another succinct Level, KOOPERSMITH’s GORFIAN Plan can be seen as yet a brilliant Coupe de Force on what a creative and insightful BabyBoomer (coupled with a vivid Imagination and Determination) can amazingly accomplish. GORF is much more than a ‘pretty TOY.’ GORF carries a symbolic Message that affects every Creature on The Earth in matters of the Cycle of Life and the Quality of Life We wish to lead and pursue.
“After all, Planet Earth is a terrible and irreplaceable Thing to destroy.”
Thursday, June 26, 2008 – 12:55 PM CST
Monday, June 30, 2008 – 2:06 PM CST
THREE OUTSTANDING REASONS WHY GORF IS SO ICONIC
1. Upon First Sight, GORF makes People instantly smile. HE pulls them into ‘his Realm of Interest.’ People are curious. People are stirred. They step out of their Zone and ‘ask’ ASK about THE FROG.
2. THE FROG is one of the Oldest Creatures on The Planet, outliving the Mighty Dinosaur. Valuable Lessons can be learned here. Yet, it is our Generation that is driving The Species into the deep dark Hole of Extinction.
3. GORF, symbolic of the Amphibian Species, is unduly suffering from the harmful Effects of Global Warming, Climactic Transitions, Pollution, Destabilization and ultimately, Extinction, Crises that are affecting all Creatures including Mankind. Furthermore, FROGS are a leading Indicator of International Weather Pattern changes.
CONCLUSION: THE GREEN MOVEMENT sorely needs a strong, suitable Brand (if you will) that is automatically recognizable, accessible and appealingly robust. GORF is that very Icon!
FOCUSING ON GORF’s FIVE TOP CHARACTERISTICS THAT CONSEQUENTLY BRAND
‘THE FROG’ AS THE GREEN MOVEMENT’s ICON:
1) Appeal (Sex Appeal, Stamina, Lasting Power)
GORF commands Attention!
GORF demands you care!
NEWS FLASH AS OF JUNE, 2008: The harrowing Statistics state 2,520 of The Earth’s 6,300 Amphibian Species are on the Endangered Species List.
Finally, last but not least:
Q: What do We consider immortal
The Core of our Humaness
A: The Soul.
GORF: “THE FROG HAS SOUL.®”
©1979-2008. ADRIENNE SIOUX KOOPERSMITH.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.