Thursday, May 20, 2010

SKiN ©2010: The Script, The Book & The Odyssey. The May 20, 2010 Edition. Exposing RumpelstiltSKiN, Koopersmithian Style.

Chicago, IL:

The 6th Sequel of 7 Movies (since the first is always known as the Premier) of:

SKiN: Sacred Kinship in Nature (TM)
How 10 Beloved Plush Toys Redefine Race (C)2009

is called THE RETURN OF RUMPELSTILTSKiN (C)2010

and was my Entry for Script-Frenzy's April, 2010 "Write a Script in a Month" contest. However, needing to charge up the Promotionals for SKiN in which I wrote THE BOOK and then converted it into 3 movie scripts written from August 8, 2009 to April 8, 2010, I did begin writing it, but Common Sense told me to temporarily place 'Rumpel'on-hold until the Hollywood Producers reading the first 3 Spec Scripts decide.

Then, this AM on NBC news, I discovered that Shrek (who will be released tomoro on May 21st) has a character called: Rumpelstiltskin. As I told my friend, Terry, a popular radio talk show host out in the Heartland:

"The ironic thing is that Shrek 3 - The Closing comes out tomoro and 1 of the main characters is Rumpelstilkskin and when I went to enter the April, 2010 contest called Script Frenzy - my movie was called: The Return of Rumpelstiltskin - as I was doing a take-off of the word SKiN in it and how greedy the world has gotten, as Rump was a greedy little moron...if you remember the story. Now, Spielberg's character in Shrek is Rumpelstiltskin = a diff. story line, but how coincidental is that? I guess when there is 6 billion people in the world, there's bound to be some overlap.."

And you read it here first. Great Minds & Material are never 'grim.' Good Fairy Tales live on and on and on until they are reinvented.

Posted by: ASK
Thursday, May 20, 2010 - 10:29 AM

No comments: