Wednesday, January 5, 2011

From the Creator of NATIONAL SMITH DAY ©1995 - Update for 2011

Chicago, IL USA

Celebrating JANUARY 6, 2011 as NATIONAL SMITH DAY #17

There are more Smiths in the United States than any other surname and for that reason as well as a few others, I created NSD 17 years ago to commemorate those with this common, yet uncommon name. There are all sorts of SMITHS out there as:

metalsmiths
wordsmiths
coppersmiths &
ladysmiths

Yet, each one comes with their own stories and glories. As for me and my family personally, when my grandparents came to the USA in the early 1900s and passed through Ellis Island many decided to shorten our last name:

KOOPERSMITH

to Kooper or Smith...

and that's yet another reason wonder why I may be missing some of my relatives because of this change in our real name. I may never know, but by honoring and saluting Captain John Smith as the first Smith to arrive in America and with social networks like Facebook connecting us all - as well as the 6-Degrees of Separation slipping down to something like 1.5-2 degrees, it's interesting to meet up with more Smiths and easier than ever before.

The Encyclopedia of Fine Smithery ©2005-2010

will be published circa 2013. If you're a Smith and would like inclusion and care to interview me about this special Holidate-to-celebrate, email me at:

askoopersmith(at)hotmail(dot)com

Happy Smith Day!

Posted: BY: ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
America's Premier Eventoligst
& The Premier Eventologist in the History of the World
Chicago, IL USA

Posted: 1-5-2011 - 3:50 PM CST

No comments: