Sunday, October 14, 2012

Koopersmith’s National Splurge Day ©1994 scores TIME.com Article for the Time of its Life. Expose found at: http://tinyurl.com/8usx8du


Koopersmith’s National Splurge Day ©1994 scores TIME.com Article for the Time of its Life. Expose found at: http://tinyurl.com/8usx8du



ASK ON WHAT I MEAN TO SAY: I don’ mean to appear rude, as my Mother did not raise me to be that way, but sometimes, it’s just plain hard to keep up with it all. Modern Technology has made the times easier on us, but with the amount of information coming from every angle, getting to it is difficult.


And that’s the point of this letter. It’s nice to get a piece in TIME, that I have been reading since I first learned to pick up a magazine or so it seems.


And like the next Creatif, I love to see my name in print. With that thought in mind, I sometimes will google my Name (yes, all of it) to see what was popular that I wrote and determine how it went over with folks that I may never know. In a way you know them. In other ways, you don’t but you do wonder how and what made other writers pen an article on you, especially if you’re a writer attempting to create a new Literary Genre which I have been doing the last 22 years.


However, with Facebook and Twitter (for starters here), you can connect much better than ever before.

KE THE FOLLOWING CASE: I did the ASK search earlier this afternoon and found out that Brad Tuttle wrote a piece on my National Splurge Day ©1994 back on June 17, 2011. That was well over a year ago and I just found out about it today. I feel gosh-awful embarrassed as I never sent him a thank you note. After all, with 1900 HOLIDATES TO CELEBRATE on my Roster, I am also the Creator of International Thank You Days ©1994 and I should know better. Didn’t we all learn that for every ‘please’ there is a ‘thank you?’ This particular Holidate salutes my kindergarten teach, Miss Lucille Fritz back in 1957.



Brad writes well, even if he wasn’t writing about my Holidate. The story’s title is called:



As If You Need an Excuse to Splurge …

and this story is under TIME’s Money Segment called SMART SPENDING that further gives me (as a writer and person of credence) the ability to show people how to have fun even in troubling and pressing economic times which is part of Eventology’s Premise.



And, Mr. Tuttle is also on Twitter at @bradrtuttle. Therefore, with this Posting, I am going to make sure that I find him and although it’s quite a spell later and lots of HOLIDATES have come and gone between then and now, his attention to my writing (i.e.: HOLIDATE) was indeed appreciated. And who knows, we may become friends here on Facebook as well. Only TIME will tell – pun intended. Now that certainly is yet a(nother) Story that is yet to unfold.



Check out Brad’s Rendition of my National Splurge Day ©1994 at:



http://tinyurl.com/8usx8du



or



http://moneyland.time.com/2011/06/17/as-if-you-need-an-excuse-to-splurge/



And, THANK YOU, Brad!


No comments: