Friday, October 19, 2012

Putting the POP into POP Culture. Peter Max turns 75 today.

Chicago, IL USA:   A posting I just wrote for my favorite Artist, Mr. Peter Max.  What a treat to know and see Art as his - truly inspirational in all aspects:


Gosh, PETE:  Today U R 75:  Friday, October 19, 2012.  You know what that means:  When UR birthday lands on a Friday, U can celebrate the entire weekend long. 

 

I remember when U  were 33.   I just turned 60 on August 9TH &  U’ve always been 15 years my senior. I just had 2  drop in 2 wish U the Happiest Birthday yet & 2 thank U 4 coloring our World as pretty as U have 4 prob. the last 60 of those years….if not longer! 

 

Do U recall in 1994 when I (as ‘America’s Premier Eventologist’ via Insight Magazine of Wash, DC) created PAINT PRETTY DAY ©1994 in your honor?  I still get press on that Holidate!  Actually, now @  MY Age what I did was ‘celebrate 60 days B-4 my Birthday + 60 Days after.  After all, every Day is an event even if we weren’t born on that Day!  Hey, we all have a philosophy 2 live by – that’s mine!

 

Lots has changed since then – what’s really cool is 2 B able 2 stay in touch so much better with our ff:  favorite folks via email, the Internet, FB, Twitter & all those other social networks w/o having 2 Q (ie: cue) up @ the Post Office or spend a cent!

 

One of my favorite Things that I do is 2 tell my friends who R having Birthdays, the following according 2 their latest & greatest birthday and that is in your p-ART-icular case since U R 75 years young today that: 

 

You have blinked this many times:  373,950,428

You have breathed this many times: 451,496,073

You have eaten this many meals:  83,000 (calories not configured into this figure)

You have slept this many hours:  225,817

You have slept this many days:  9409 **

 

What irks me now (that I am 60) is that we sleep about 1/3 of our lives away.  Oh, yes, I know we need the R&R:  REST & RELAXATION, but just think of all the more paintings U could do + HOLIDATES I could create, if sleeping was not a necessity!

 

And on that note, I wish U the HAPPIEST of BIRTHDAYS, Mr. Max and ‘paint pretty.’  The best is yet to come!

 

Cheers, ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith

SKiN: Sacre Kinship in Nature ™

How 10 Beloved Plush Toys Redefine Race

Studio 1437

Chicago – Illinois USA

 

http://adriennesiouxkoopersmith.blogspot.com/

Twitter.com/ASK_Koopersmith

 

**Stats  derived from THE HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOOK – Natalis Press, Inc – NYC ©1993

No comments: