Monday, January 21, 2013

ASK/Chicago on: The Plight of an American Writer: Losing my Home after 22.5 years.


NOTE:  It’s Doom’s Day over here at Koop Central.  My home (an apartment building where I have resided since September of 1990 - 22.5 years now) has officially been sold and I may be OUT IN THE COLD (physically as well as figuratively) in a short period of time. 

I need your help and quickly as February is right around the corner. 

If you can help monetarily wise, that would be super, but I realize times are horrifically bad for all of us.   

Even better than that would be a recommendation – as I need steady work ASAP.  All of that is outlined below.  Please take a moment out to help if you can.  I oh-so appreciate that.  Thank you.    

**********************************

 

RE:  An Appeal to my Friends on Facebook, Linked In & Twitter. 

 

Dear _______:

I'm writing just to let you know that I may be 'undercover' for the next few months. I went home last nite and found a NOTICE under my front door saying the landlord (where I've been living since Sept., 1990) has sold the bldg. He never told me that he was so I could prepare.  I called the NEW LANDLORD this AM and he does not know WHAT he intends to do ‘quite yet,’ except he will be converting the bldg. into a condo.

 

As a Personality (the 20th Century term was:  'Starving Artist') with ‘Great Potential,’ my monetary situation is horrific. I have no MONEY to stay (if that were the case of which it is not); I have no $ to move and/or store presently.  I am in LIMBO with the clock ticking furiously. 

 

Therefore, I am in a horrific situation.

 

In the ideal situation, I would need between $10,000 - $15,000 (that I would pay back in full once I get a job) in order to MOVE and get settled into another place in the city.  I have a boyfriend, but he will be 63 on February 8th and already has taken out his Early Social Security in order to pay his rent.    He lives in a small studio so I can't move in there with him. We are/were thinking of moving in w/each other and would divide our living expenses in half.  However, I cannot meet my half of the obligation.  That’s why I’m appealing to you … in a few paragraphs down. 

 

Furthermore, I have lots of possessions;  furniture and 7 filing cabinets; 56 boxes of writing... 4.5 rooms of things that mean lots to me; storage in the basement; plus 2 bikes as I'm an avid cyclist - for starters.



Needless to say, I'm very stressed and distressed - as I'm not sure what will HIT THE FAN on Feb. 1, if not sooner. The rent for January is not in.  I don't have work – which  is incredibly hard to find here although I do  type 92 WPM and am a terrific researcher and social media networker.  Plus, I am 60 now. Age discrimination set in years ago. 

 

I have a month-by-month lease with the old landlord.  MOM was paying the rent before. Therefore, IF you write to me and you don't hear from me, you'll know that I am working on my problem, one that I never thought would happen.

 

I really need the SPEC MOVIE SCRIPTS that I've been working on to BREAK somewhere.  ‘iN THE COMPANY OF ANTS ©2009 beat out 3,164 others in the Scriptapalooza Intl Screenplay Competition back in July of 2010. I know my Writing is catchy - I just need that one break that will clear this up. AND a Job would be a blessing. 


 

MY SPECIAL REQUEST OF YOU FOR TODAY IS:   IF you need someone to help you promote your Brand and Projects, I’d be happy to jump in and help you out.  As we all know, Chicago is the 3rd largest & most metropolitan city in the USA – it’s good to have a ‘headquarters’ here working on your illustrious Projects. 

 

AND:  If you know anyone who needs PR done - Public Relations - as I am GREAT on that - please tell them about me.  I have landed stories in all the major publications - magazines - been on TV & Radio myself -- I could be very helpful to them. I can send a list to you of who has read my works (if you like).  Plus, I’m a wiz at Social Media Networking.  All I need is a salary of $1,500 a month once I get resettled. Thank you for reading this -- I appreciate any help, ideas, referrals, etc. you can offer, etc.

 
Thank you again.   

Sincerely, ASK:  Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
1437 W. Rosemont – lW
Chicago, Illinois 60660-1319 USA

 

847-448-0544 – VM
847-630-9201 - No message recorded here (yet)  
847-890-1489 – Robert’s Phone

 

Adrienne.Sioux.Koopersmith@gmail.com
askoopersmith@hotmail.com
http://adriennesiouxkoopersmith.blogspot.com/
Facebook.com/Adrienne.Sioux.Koopersmith
Twitter.com/ASK_KOOPERSMITH
Li:  Linkedin.com/ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith

 

 

No comments: