Thursday, February 21, 2013

When Copyright Infringement goes very, very wrong. How ‘America’s Premier Eventologist,’ Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith is losing her home of 22.5 years by Feb. 28, 2013.


ASK: ADRiENNE SiOUX KOOPERSMiTH’s EXPLANATION: 
Thursday, September 12, 2013 - 2:42 PM CST

 

A very special thank you for featuring my Plight is extended to Mr. E. Michael Harrington, IP Consultant/Entrepreneur, Professor of Music, Music & Entertainment Industry, Intellectual Property, Social Media & Technology. www.Gplus.to/EMH who posted this on  paper.li

 

at
 
http://paper.li/emh2625/1327958445

 

As of September 12, 2013, 335 interested parties have read this Blog (released on February 21, 2013) that will change the course of Modern Literature. Since my Intellectual Property Attorney died on August 23, 2012, I have not been able to find a replacement for him that would  handle these 2 OPEN & SHUT CASES OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT in a  pro bono manner since The Smithe Brothers, owners of 11 furniture showrooms across the Chicago area and Skip Haynes, Songwriter of the 42 year old hit song, LAKE SHORE DRIVE dubiously infringed on my copyrighted Material and placed those 2 separate Copyrighted Works for a total of 25 days on NBC WMAQ TV (Channel 5 – 1 of the top 3  televised broadcasting companies in the USA). 

HOW DO YOU SPELL WIPED OUT?  I received NO compensation; credit or name acknowledgement yet they GOT EXPOSURE for nearly a MONTH on Material that was NOT theirs. This is CRIMINAL. 

Do you realize what it means to have YOUR MATERIAL ON NATIONAL TV FOR 25 DAYS with NO COMPENSATION?   

Because I am a Publicist/Promoter (with Contacts galore culled from over 30 years of being in the Biz) and because Haynes lives in Los Angeles, the 2 parties (Haynes – Walter E., Timothy J. & Mark Smithe) would NEVER have even known of each other or had been given this incredible Break as well as  Material if not for me. 

Yet, I was rendered Homeless because of their Doing because I WAS NOT PAID whereby The Smithes and Haynes clearly made a profit; got more name recognition;  found new fans and clients/customers while I lost my home of 22.5 years. This all began on January 6 of 2012.  The nightmare is still going on.    

As of September, 2013, I am still looking for Legal Assistance and a  savvy/adventurous Writer who can take my Dilemma (one felt by every ARTIST who has ever lived) and get it into syndicated and/or into  1 of the top 5 Newspapers  / top 20 Magazines as a Cover Story in the USA. 

After all, what goes around comes around. 

In 2012, I penned a 200 page Manuscript detailing how this transpired and the repercussions of how I suffered and still am.  Losing one’s home is atrocious. I also am in need an Intellectual Property Attorney to work these 2 cases.

Please feel free to contact me for any questions that you may have.  These Cases set a Precedence since they both involve a new Literary Format & Genre that I introduced to the World on Wednesday, July 25, 1990 at 9:45 PM.  Literary Thieves as Haynes & the Smithes deserve to be executed to the full extent of the law, which is what I intend to do so others will not suffer as I have.

Sincerely,

ASK: ADRiENNE SiOUX KOOPERSMiTH
Koopersmith’s Global Communications
“People read what ASK writes about…”
Studio 1258
Chicago – Illinois USA

* * *




TO REITERATE:
 

Dear Reader: Although I wrote this copy many months ago, it explains my Problem. I can update you on all the particulars. Merely contact me at:

 

askoopersmith(at)hotmail(dot)com

 

or via phone at: 847-630-9201. I live in Chicago, IL where we abide by CST.  Please leave a message if (in case) my Cell Phone is turned off.

 

My Story of Copyright Infringement follows for your perusal. Feel free to share it with others who may be sympathetic as not only do I need an Attorney, but it is a great Human Interest Story on what happens to one of Chicago's Finest Talents and Humanitarians when her Copyrighted Material - culled from a lifetime of work is ripped off.

 
* * * * * * *
SUBTITLE:  How an Intellectual Property Case catapults out-of-control.
 
EDITORIAL NOTE:  This Posting is directed towards pro bono Copyright Infringement Attorneys who may wish to handle my case and/or reporters (editors and/or publishers) who want a Lead Story that will increase their readership numbers and show how Copyright Infringement is on the rise. 

A SENSE OF URGENCY:  Because I may be losing my Home by February 28, 2013, this Piece needs your immediate attention. 

 
 A PERSONAL APPEAL FROM ME:  ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith

Facing possible eviction in one weeks’, I decided to write and introduce myself to you in order to appeal my problem – a great story in its own ‘write.’  Simultaneously, if we ‘victims’ let it out, we feel much better. That’s why talk shows are so popular.  There’s something positive to venting that lowers the stress and distress levels. If more folks did this, there’d be much less crime on our streets – if you ask me. 

AS WE ALL KNOW:  The wheels of justice turn slowly.  Not only have I been told this, I know this for a solid fact since I have been searching for an IP attorney since January 6, 2012, but to ‘nearly’ no avail.

TO REITERATE:  I hope you have moment to peruse my problem as it is a very interesting Human Interest Story that has now gotten so out of control that I may be evicted from my apartment any time after MARCH 1, 2013, because 2 sets of companies (one worth over $102,000,000 and the other estimated between $10,000,000-$25,000,000) infringed on the Copyrights of 2 pieces of my Original Material for a total of 29 days, airing them on NBC Channel 5 (who did NOT check their facts as to ownership)  without:

acknowledging me as its creator;

nor compensating me for its usage;

without giving credit and name recognition (as others have) to me as ‘The  Force’ behind this incredible material; and furthermore,

misrepresenting and  misappropriating the theme of this copyrighted and well-honed material, thus totally destroying its essences.

This all falls under the realm of Plagiarism and Copyright Infringement.

AS BACKGROUND:  From January 6-9, 2012, the Smithe Brothers of Walter E. Smithe Furniture and Design (of Itasca, IL) stole and created their own Video and TV Commercial from a packet of material I mailed to them 4 years earlier.  I am known as:

‘America’s Premier Eventologist’ per Gene Koprowski of Insight Magazine

(Washington, DC) – August, 1997

&

‘The Premier Eventologist in the History of the World’ per Eric Zorn of

The Chicago Tribune (Chicago, IL) – January of 2001.


This means I have created 1,900+
HOLIDATES TO CELEBRATE that fall into 34 precise Categories.  All are copyrighted.  I created this new Literary Format on Wednesday, July 25, 1990 at 9:45 PM and am very proud of my Strides as I have been writing since I learned the Alphabet in 1959.  I am a NBW: Natural Born Writer and I also promote people, places and all product(ion)s pop culture in nature that I find worthy and of interest.

This Concept exists under the auspices of:


EVENTOLOGY:

THE ART OF EVENT-MAKING

ADRiENNE SiOUX KOOPERSMiTH’S CAMPAIGNS FOR HUMANITY ©1990

 

Whereby Companies are to ‘buy into these HOLIDATES – to license them’ and I am to work these EVENTS with them, being the Creator that I am and being a Local Personality in my own ‘write’.

At the close of this Posting, a List of where my Writings appeared is posted.  This legitimizes my Titles as delineated above.  As a Creative Writer who wears many hats:  This is my Legacy – and something that is commercial – commercial enough to be made into 29 Days of  Interstate TV Commercials which I will elaborate on next:

I had initially mailed the Smithe Brothers a press kit about my National Smith Day ©1995 (known as NSD) in 2007 but did not hear from them.  Therefore, I figured they did not want to ‘hold said HOLIDATE.’  

On Friday, January 6, 2012 at 5:22 AM, I turned the Channel 5 Local TV on and NSD was airing on NBC which covers 4 states, and viewed by millions of people.  They ran my copyrighted Material through the entire weekend for 4 entire days without payment, credit and/or acknowledgement. On the final day, I visited one of their showrooms. On January 10, 2012 I called their headquarters and spoke to Mark Smithe, one of the brothers.  Very arrogant as they are, he ‘blew me off’ and would not take any of my future phone calls.

My only recourse was to turn to the Lawyers for the Creative Arts although in early January, I first contacted the Attorneys on www.avvo.com.   A listing of IP attorneys in Illinois numbered at 44 at that time.

In March of 2012 when I rechecked this site, the number had jumped to 55. 

On June 3, 2012, it reached 1,503. 

As of February 20, 2013, that figure hovers at:  1,260. 

Evidently, because of the Internet, this branch of the law has become very popular – but all for the wrong reasons, of course. 

I began writing my case up as a Book in order to detail everything that has happened so that others would not fall into this dilemma as well as the fact that National Smith Day ©1995 is a popular EVENT that cannot be tampered with, misconstrued and misapplied.  It has a Set Formula that only I have privy (t0).

LET IT BE KNOWN THAT:  Even if your material is copyrighted, it can still be stolen and the Creator must take all action against the perpetrators. 

FAST FORWARDING TO MEMORIAL DAY OF 2012.  I again turned Channel 5, NBC on and there flashing across the screen was a script and liaison that I was fully responsible for creating.  In February of 2012 I began a correspondence with Skip Haynes, the songwriter who penned the ever popular hit rock tune, LAKE SHORE DRIVE.  I had promoted 40 of Chicago’s top rock bands from 1979-1992 and his lead singer was on my roster.  Skip (now living in Los Angeles) had rewritten the song to now be(come) SNOWED ON LAKE SHORE DRIVE – because of the 5 feet of snow that we received from the Blizzard of February: 2011.  Because the song was 40 years old in 2011 and being the Promoter that I am, via a series of emails that Skip and I were exchanging (from February – September of 2012), I told him that the Song had to be televised for its Great Anniversary Date of 40 years, a milestone indeed. 

I then took the initiative to write a series of commercials for him as well as introducing him to the Smithe Brothers who were just ‘funky’ enough to ‘stage and do this commercial.’  And yes, they LOVED my Script, appreciated the Introduction and the Concept to produce it.  Their Liaison which was due to my Genius.  This Commercial yielded them a vast fortune, yet I received nothing. 

AFTER ALL:  There was no way on G-d’s green Earth that Haynes (who resides in California) would have been introduced to the Smithe Brothers (of Illinois, Itasca to be exact) had it not been for me and my promotional and marketing efforts.  This, of course, did not even include the writing of the script(s) of which there were several that  I composed.  I have retained copies.

Said TV commercial aired on NBC for the Week of and surrounding Memorial Day;

the Week falling around the 4TH of July (Independence Day); and

the Week surrounding Labor Day. 

This was a total of 25 days (and is separate and apart from the National Smith Day ©1995 copyright infringement case).

PROVING THEY HAD THE MONEY TO ME:  The Smithe Brothers went as far as renting the Batmobile and another vintage racer from the Volo Auto Museum.  Renting the Batmobile costs $4000 a day.  Needless to say, I was totally eliminated from this Commercial as well.

My Savings Grace is that I do have an email in which Skip Hayes states he will give 10% to me if anything transpires from my introduction of him to the Smithe Brothers. I composed the scripts (according to the Smithe Brothers’ funky personalities) and because of ME (alone)  production of this Summertime TV Commercial aired for 3 distinct periods of Time from Memorial Day through Labor Day on NBC, one of the top 3 broadcast stations in the USA. 

NBC can also be sued for not checking their facts as to ownership of said material. 

THE BOTTOM LINE IS:  All should have known better. 

It was not until August 9, 2012 that the Lawyers for the Creative Arts Legal Director, Marci A. Rohlik -  mrolnik@law-arts.org  - found an IP attorney who was fascinated with the case. After all, the Smithe Brothers have an established reputation for stealing, plagiarizing and scamming – it’s all over the Internet. Other material they may have stolen and produced as TV Commercials include Jerry Seinfeld’s Bee Movie (in 2007) and Sarah Jessica Parker’s Sex in the City (in 2008).

MY DEDUCTION IS THAT:  The Smithe Brothers thought they could do this TWICE TO ME (a publicist and writer of international stature) within the same year – only because they are worth $102,000,000 having 11 showrooms across Illinois and Indiana. 

Accompanied by my editor, Robert E. Hofstadter.  we visited Attorney Kurt Kolar at his office on Friday, August 17,  2012 at which time he said he would work my case ‘pro bono.’  I signed a retainer statement faxed to me on August 22.  On August 30, a sneaking suspicion overcame me that the Smithe Brothers and Skip Haynes would again RUN the Lake Shore Drive/Batmobile Commercial as it is such a great commercial for Summers in Chicago on Labor Day.  After I graduated from Washington University in 1974, I had a career in the advertising field. This is what we call:  EVERGREEN. It’s a timeless commercial with lasting power and stands apart from all others.  My assumption is that they plan to air the LSD/Batmobile Commercial again this year beginning for Memorial Day Weekend of 2013, if NOT stopped beforehand, which is now my mission. 

I want the Monies owed to me and The Smithe Brothers and Haynes punished to the full extent of the law and NBC TV penalized.

Because of this sneaking suspicion that Labor Day would also be used for the Smithe Brothers & Haynes to MAKE LOTS OF MONEY without accrediting/acknowledging ME, I emailed Attorney Kolar on Friday, August 31, 2012 but the email bounced back. 

On Saturday, September 1, 2012, I again resent that email alerting Attorney Kolar to my hunch as Mr. Hofstadter, my editor told me he saw the LSD/Batmobile on TV.   Again, it was going to be aired for the last Summer Holiday, Labor Day.  But again, Kurt’s email bounced back.  Thinking he was very popular since Copyright Infringement was on a rise, I googled his name and there at the top of the page was his Obituary Notice.

I was at the Evanston Public Library and I screamed.  I was in shock for 3 total weeks.  On August 23, 2012, Kurt had a fatal aneurism and lost his life.  He was only 44.  Only 5 minutes before, he dropped his precious and darling 4 year old son off at daycare.  I saw this child’s picture in his Dad’s office on August 17.  According to his wife, he drove his car into an embankment on the near west side of Chicago’s Loop and died instantly.

Yes, his son could have been in that car – if not for the finger of the Lord saving the young boy.  I was totally livid. I immediately contacted Mrs. Kolar extending my sympathy and did retrieve my packet of material from his office. 

From that point on (at the end of August, 2012), I have no Attorney who can work my IP case.  Ms. Rolnik reworded MY CASE to include the fact that I do have the STATEMENT from Skip Haynes that he would give me Ten Percent (10%).  However, I see this as 2 individual cases:

CASE #1):  The Smithe Brothers (Walter E., Timothy J. & Mark) infringing upon my material known as National Smith Day ©1995 – that has gotten international exposure for me  and is a ‘Thread’ in my title as ‘America’s Premier Eventologist.’  I am also a threat to every leading Card and Calendar Company; and

CASE #2):  Skip Haynes (in conjunction with The Smithe Brothers, namely: Walter E., Timothy J. & Mark) who infringed upon my copyrighted TV script that was written specifically for the hit song, LAKE SHORE DRIVE written by Skip Haynes in 1971 as well as the fact that it was my Vision and Introduction that made this 3 week long 4-state-wide TV Commercial a reality. 

WHERE THIS “FIASCO” STANDS TODAY. 

I lost tens of thousands of dollars and 'Exposure & Opportunities' money cannot buy.

I lost the chance to have my name on this material (that was TELEVISED) so that others in the 4 states (in which these TV commercials aired) could see who wrote it.  This would give other businesses the ability to know me and contact me for MORE work.

THE HORRIFIC REPERCUSSIONS OF WHAT COPYRIGHT INFRINGMENT CAN DO: 

The Worse Case Scenario is happening to me currently:

 

Because I made NO money in 2012 and because my apartment building of 22.5 years has gone condo and now has a new owner, I have NO money – NO revenues in which to move out. I have no money for storage. I only get $92 from the state for Food Stamps.  I am going to be losing my home because of the repercussions caused by and snowball effect of what Literary Thieves as Walter E., Timothy J. & Mark Smithe and Skip Haynes have committed:  This is what Copyright Infringement can do. All due to the Greed Factor that these  Corporate Americans pulled.

As a Creative Personality, I have 1700 cubic feet of writing that I’ve been producing and penning since I was kid. I have (only) 700 cubic feet of furniture. This shows where my Passion lies.  I am not about to lose my home – to these furniture magnates and aging rock stars, by cushioning and contributing to their empire all the more.

I have already contacted Larry Wert, the General Manager/President of NBC/WMAQ who tells me that the commercials also aired on other Stations.  He’s trying to lesson his part in this case. 

I have a pro bono Landlord/Tenant Attorney who is ‘negotiating’ with the new landlord who bought my building.  He wants all tenants out (by February 28, 2013) so he can begin the condo conversion. I am very sympathetic towards him, but I feel the Smithe Brothers & Skip Haynes should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.  I should be fully reimbursed for the monies I lost and for untold duress since January of 2012.

 

THE THREE GOALS OF THIS POSTING:  I feel this is a very interesting Human Interest Story that Magazines, Newspapers and other TV Stations (as well as Radio Talk Shows) may want to feature – possibly as an exclusive as it shows WHAT CAN HAPPEN when an IP case goes horrifically wrong and the crooks get away ‘with murder’ – the murdering of fine literature which we all enjoy as my HOLIDATES and Stories have done the last 22.5 years.

I am also seeking an Intellectual Property Attorney (preferably based in Chicago where I reside) who can work my case and ‘assumed’ any READER of this Missive may be able to tell me of one as this is a very open and shut case. Every thing is documented.

I also need a Job in order to get back on my feet.  Although I am extremely creative and am very healthy, I’m 60 and the markets and age discrimination are truly at work here.

IN CLOSING:   2012 was a hell of a year. As my friend, RON RON, a CNN Video Producer in Japan states and I paraphrase it: "Adrienne, you should be honored somebody thinks enough of your material to put it ON TV." I know what RON RON is saying, but when my Livelihood and God-given Passion is overtly stolen TWICE and leads to me losing my home, I cannot think of anything more horrific to happen to a contemporary Writer and Thinker as myself.

If there’s any help you can give me, I would be so appreciative at this most tumultuous time in my life!  The clock is ticking away.  I need to have your Help before February 28, 2013.

Thank you.

 

Sincerely,

ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith

Studio 1437

Chicago, Illinois USA

 

847-630-9201 - Cell

847-448-0544 - VM

askoopersmith@hotmail.com

Facebook.com/Adrienne.Sioux.Koopersmith

 

PS:  As previously stated here is that List of where my Writings have appeared hich shows their credibility and popularity:

USA Today, The New York Times, The Washington Post, Insight Magazine, The Chicago Tribune, The Chicago Sun-Times, Time Magazine,  ESPN: The Magazine; Fast Company, Redbook, More Magazine, Woman’s World, Sports Illustrated For Kids, Village Voice, Nickelodeon, The Times Picayune, The Gainesville Sun, The Springfield News-Leader, Dave Egger’s Might Magazine, The Milwaukee-Journal-Sentinel, The Detroit Free Press, The Daily Herald, The Fort Worth Star-Telegram, The Atlanta Journal Constitution, The Advocate/Greenwich Time, The San Antonio Express, The Dallas Morning News, Skyline, The Seattle Post-Intelligencer, Home Cooking, Cooking Light, Chase’s Calendar of Events, The Daily Northwestern, Popular Photography and Imaging, Shutterbug, Kennedy’s Confection (London, England), Eric Cohen Books (Israel) and an Estonian Newspaper as well as an endless Assortment of Websites, Blogs, Facebook Postings, ‘Tweets’ on  Twitter and employing other popular Social Networks since 1984.  Besides being the Guest on over 3,000 Radio Interviews (including The Voice of America since 1990), ABC, NBC, CBS & MSNBC Television Networks have also featured me for my Creation of these Creative Words + Works.

 

 

No comments: