Chicago, IL USA
The Reason why so many Writers pen so many Books is that they keep only a few Themes in each Story Line. However, since there are some Literary Masterpieces that span Topics that are too heavy and diverse that only 2-3 Themes, it is allowable to write a Novella (of 35,000-55,000 words) that instills Ideas, Concepts and Philosophies that can definitely reach out and touch people in an assortment of ways.
That way, when I speak about SKiN, it can be an extensive talk because there are 44 prevailing Themes that stretch out over The Attitudes and Aptitudes of 10 Characters.
A Quarter (or 25%) Themes (that can be discussed with Students and Reading/Writer's Groups) besides the 2 major ones of:
Mixed Signals & What Matters are:
1) Flexibility means you can rock n roll with what Nature doles out and gives you.
2) Variety is the Spice of Life.
3) Appreciate the Here/Hear & Now instead of yearning for the 'Unknown, Unfamiliar, Impossible & UnNecessary
4) Be happy with the Skin you are in.
5) The Conclusive Findings again bond Humans together as Brothers, not Opponents.
6) How can there be so many Skin Types when all are basically The Same?
7) It's who drives the Fastest Cars or the Second Hand Beaters in the Humans' World. Humans have made their Life a Race, eithout even using Vehicles.
8) Do Humans 'stretch The Truth' and nothing but 'The Truth' a bit too far and too freely?
9) What really matters (as a Tribe of similar Creatures) and not a Race.
10) Ignorance is not Bliss. Maybe it's a Mutant Gene at work here in these Humans - a dominating Gene called 'Greed.'
11-44 will be outlined in a later Issue of of KOOPERSMITHin.
For still more SKiNsights (SKiN + Insights = SKiNsights) into this Writing, please check back Tomorrow.
Posted on Monday, May 18, 2009 – at 11:15 PM CST
By: ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
Author: SKiN ©2009