Wednesday, May 13, 2009

SKiN ©2009: The Script, The Book & The Odyssey: The May 13, 2009 Segment

Chicago, IL USA

After reading the Last Chapter of SKiN (that I was using to generate Reaction and Interest), a Friend asked me if I had read:

Alice in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.

As a Kid growing up, I somehow missed reading 'Alice' (altough I heard, danced and really liked Gracey Slick's White Rabbit Audio Rendition in the 1960s, a Take-Off of the Book). As I recall, the Text was required reading in many School Districts. Since I 'take all Conversations' as hidden Messages for Forward (and 'For Word') Movement and because the Suggestion came from Someone 'in the know,' I decided to take time-out and read the Classic. Today I completed it!

I had found an exquisitely illustrated Version of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Scott McKowen of Punch & Judy, Inc. done in Scratchboard (an Engraving Medium) of 'The Story' at my Public Library that was published in 2005 by Sterling Publishers Co., Inc., in New York City, a Subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, The Booksellers. The updated Volume would have made Lewis himself smile indeed.

After reading (only the first 30 pages), I found Lewis Carroll's Message was uncanny, if not rather spooky, as his Composition of 144 years ago (having been released in 1865 - the year the Civil War ended) reflected many of the Issues Alice faced while she explored another Dimension - known as Wonderland, that my Characters experienced in their Travels through SKiN.

We all realize that Imagination is a terrible Thing to waste, yet most of the Imagination 'out there' never sees the Light of Day or the Rewards of a Paycheck. Reading a Book that carries you away to another World is an enjoyable Escapade. What made me think outside The Covers of The Books, besides the obvious Similarities to SKiN (of 2009) compared to Alice in Wonderland (of 1865) was how The Script was written for the Benefit of Lewi's Friend, Alice...so she would find Enjoyment in the Story that featured her as the Leading Star.

Cross-Over Potential (which is popular in Music) can also carry over throughout The Decades and Centuries in Fine Literature, as we have seen and read here.

Beyond The Plot of The Story, is the Fact that Lewis Carroll cared enough for someone to write a Story. What an Honor & Tribute. Beyond that 'Storyline' in and of itself is that this Story has Lasting Power that has carried it on beyond the 1900 and 2000 Year Marks to reap Entertainment and Enjoyment on to Future Generations. Now, that is indeed the Essence of Great Literature.

Just maybe while I am writing up the Cliff Note Version of SKiN, I will combine Wonderland with SKiN's Secret Worlds to keep the Imagination and Spirit alive.

In tomorrow's Excerpts of SKiN, the Theme is to list The Main Similarities between these 2 Writings.

For still more SKiNsights (SKiN + Insights = SKiNsights) into this Writing, please check back Tomorrow.

Posted on Wednesday, May 13, 2009 – at 10:48 AMCST
By: ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
Author: SKiN ©2009
Adrienne(dot)Sioux(dot)Koopersmith(at)gmail(dot)com
askoopersmith(at)hotmail(dot)com

No comments: