Monday, August 23, 2010

Scriptapalooza’s Treasure Trove of Talent defies all Odds. "The Hotties of Hollywood" for 2010.

NOTE: As posted on Facebook: Commemorating the First Month Anniversary of Scriptapalooza's Announcement of 2010 Screenplay Winners:


Mark – Genevieve - Scriptapals:

A month ago today, Mark announced the Quarterfinalist Winners, giving 377 people (from around the world) a stepping stone into getting their writings read by industry professionals. I’ll never forget how I felt when I saw my title on that list. Beyond a Thrill! A red letter date. A dream-come-true. And, the suspense built all the more and became more thrilling as the last few weeks passed by, especially for the top 10 Winners (that I would guess) will not be sleeping for any period of time now – with the way Adrenalin works. However, not everyone was that lucky to have placed – some 367 of us did not and they (including myself are the ones I am most) concerned about.

FACT: Scriptapalooza is sitting on a Pile of Winners (of varying stages) and should become a Publishing Plant. If I were a literary agent, I definitely would cull their website page at:

http://scriptapalooza.com/Winners.html

and pick out the Titles that seem most interesting and send those writers a query requesting their log line, synopsis and/or basic literary query letter telling what the piece is all about.

Now, at this momentous point in fleeting time (before the next Scriptapalooza #13 winners are announced and we are still the HOTTIES OF HOLLYWOOD ®, what I intend to do with my Script (part of a 7-part Franchise) called:

iN THE COMPANY OF ANTS ©2009-2010

is to unwrite & rewrite it as a book/novel. That way it has a better chance of being picked up by a literary agent and/or become a self-published book; whatever my little heart decides and whatever my wallet can afford (at the time). Enter: Sponsors & Bug Lovers alike.

But for this brief event – upon the First Month Anniversary of Mark’s Announcement (back on July 23, 2010), it’s important that WORK be done on those Scripts – all those from Quarterfinalist Status on up the line. That’s my gut feeling. There’s Talent (t)here to be reaped. And if any Smart Producer – Visionaries as they are – especially the ones who initially picked the Quarterfinalists saw this vast Potential, this is the ideal time to contact those Screenwriters and see what else can be done for them and to those Scripts.

It is also a ripe time for Reporters & Journalists at local, writer’s and industry magazines to pick up leads as these writers would make for ‘great food for fodder’ for a feature you may want to start and/or add to.

As a screenwriter myself, I find that I feel very comfortable with The Forces that be Scriptapalooza and according to my current Calendar see that there are only 38 more Days left till their International Television Writing Competition reaches its deadline of October 1.

MY PSYCHOLOGY BEING: Since it takes years for a movie to be produced, I feel that IF I rewrite parts of my Script into a TV Script, it will get another chance at being read by industry professionals and it will get ‘on air’ faster than waiting for a movie to be made. I’d guess it takes 2-4 years for a Movie to be produced. With 1000+ Channels on TV, there’s an urgency for material.

With the stuff on TV already, Quality is not even an issue. That’s the way I see it. There’s more of a need at the Quantity level. Since 377 themes were picked as Quarterfinalists by Mark & his Team, it seems that perhaps 1/3 of the TV gap could be filled by the Scriptapalooza #12 for 2010 Screenplay Winners.

Do I make any sense?

Is this the logical way to go?

Your Thoughts would be appreciated. The Countdown is on: 38 more Days till the TV Competition is here…and I don’t want to waste a moment! You know how fleeting time goes! We’re part of a Goldmine that just needs to be mined.

Thanks!

Cheers, ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
Quarterfinalist: Scriptapalooza's Intl Screenplay Competition: 2010
Scriptwriter: iN THE COMPANY OF ANTS ©2009-2010
Franchise of: SKiN: Sacred Kinship in Nature ™
How 10 Beloved Plush Toys Redefine Race ©2009
Chicago, IL USA

askoopersmith(at)hotmail(dot)com
http://adriennesiouxkoopersmith.blogspot.com/
twitter.com/ask_koopersmith

PS: By the way, this Piece appears on my blog: Koopersmithin’ in case a Literary Agent is searching the web for Talent with a colorful title. Let’s try:

Scriptapalooza’s Treasure Trove of Talent defies all Odds. The Hotties of Hollywood for 2010.”

As well as Writers Store (Facebook Page) as they have a wonderful discussion group here that has 6211 followers as of August 23, 2010 @ 10:46 AM CST, under the title of:

Attn: All Literary Agents: Scriptapalooza has 377 Winners just waiting 4 U! The Hotties of Hollywood revealed.

Additionally, if you would like me to tweet your LogLine, I’d be happy to do so…just email that to me at: askoopersmith(at)hotmail(dot)com
-----------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: