Saturday, February 12, 2011

Countdown To 60: Another Day towards...

Chicago, IL USA:

There should probably be a WORD OF THE DAY that describes what happens to me every day, day in and day out; month in and month out till the August 9, 2012 date arrives. That may seem to be the logical and writerly method to choose. However, as we all know, there are some events that are NEVER planned for in the course of the day when you think you have 'everything' laid out according to a plan.

For instance. Today I talked a friend into coming with me to the L-train. He was going to stay in the hood and get a hair-cut. Which hair, I don't know, but that was his plan. He did accompany me and while waiting on the platform, a buddy of his that he had not seen in probably 8months called him over and repaid him the $20 that he borrowed. He had never thought he'd see that money again. I hadn't either. That certainly was nice. And, it restored him back to what's known as the common courtesies of life. Approaching 60, the tendency is to think of the common courtesies that were granted to you. This definitely was one that set the day in motion for not only my friend, but gave this Blog an angle in which to approach the weekend.

February 12, 2011 is also the 202nd Birthday of Illinois' Favorite Son, Abraham Lincoln and my favorite president. Back in Abe's Day, living a long life was not achievable as the average age was 48 back in Civil War Times. Now, if that doesn't make a person appreciative, I don't know then what does - or will.

Posted by:

ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
2-12-2011 - 10:07 AM CST

No comments: