Friday, February 24, 2012

From The Creator of HUG A. G.I. DAY ©1996 - The 2012 Version

ASK’s MILITARY RECO: What a nice way to say THANK YOU. I walked into my rec room earlier today; flicked on the TV & there was Steven Spielberg in a new commercial. I thought it was something for the Oscars, but I was to soon learn it was for a Topic much more serious.

As my favorite Movie Person, I stopped to see what he was saying and he mentioned a Website so I immediately wrote the URL down and had to investigate. After he spoke, First Lady Michelle Obama made a comment.

Then, I knew that my Holidate known as HUG A G.I. Day ©1996 - explained at:

http://adriennesiouxkoopersmith.blogspot.com/2008/03/from-creator-of-hug-gi-day-1996-on.html

would apply to their Activities called "Joining Forces." As ‘America’s Premier Eventologist’ (a title I received from Insight Magazine - Washington, DC in August of 1997) who has created 1900 HOLIDATES TO CELEBRATE since July 25, 1990, I know the importance of celebrating each Day because it is indeed a Blessing in and of itself.

On December 23, 1991 at 6 PM I was beat-up, robbed and left-for-dead in the lobby of my apartment building. While hooked up to I.V. all night long (since I had lost so much blood), the only thing I thought was: IF I were only at home – even cleaning out the toilet, I’d be so much happier – than being here in the hospital, all torn up and in such pain.

After that experience, I founded CARTOONISTS AGAINST CRIME that later blossomed into the Creation of all these HOLIDATES – that fall into 34 precise categories. HUG A G.I. Day ©1996 falls on the only date in Calendrical Time that is a Military Command (‘March Forth’ altho the correct spelling is Fourth - - we Creatifs can take those kinds of LIBERTIES).

Therefore, my Holidate known as HUG A G.I. DAY ©1996 is indeed a very Special Day when we get to tell the Members of our Military how very much we appreciate the Service they are providing us – while we hang out at the coffee shops; while we shop on a Saturday afternoon; while we go to the movies; while we surf the Internet – while we have LIBERTIES that would not be here with us if NOT for them, risking life and limb for us. If not for these Heroes and Sheroes, we would not have the Freedoms we have grown accustomed to.

I have 16 radio interviews set up for March 4TH – as HUG A G.I. Day ©1996 has always been 1 of my most popular HOLIDATES. We must all do our Parts – no matter what they are to be the strongest, bravest, most sincere and law-abiding people we can be. By all means check out what Mr. Spielberg & Mrs. Obama are talking about at:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/joiningforces/

and make and spread that Difference around.

Posted by:
ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
Screenwriter – Author – Eventologist – Promoter
SKiN: Sacred Kinship in Nature ™
How 10 Beloved Plush Toys Redefine Race ©2009
Chicago – IL USA
Facebook.com/AdrienneSiouxKoopersmith
Twitter.com/ASK_Koopersmith

2-24-2012 – 12:45 PM CST

POSTED ON Twitter & Facebook.com/AdrienneSiouxKoopersmith

THE 140 CHARACTER TWITTER VERSION at: twitter.com/ASK_Koopersmith states:

ASK’s HUG A G.I. DAY ©1996 - #17 now @ http://tinyurl.com/6tlgnle What better way is there 2 say THANK U to our Miltiary True Heroes in our Lives

No comments: