Tuesday, August 9, 2011

ASK's comm-ANT-ary on Day #9 of: ANT APPRECIATION MONTH INTERNATIONAL ©2010

Tuesday, August 9, 2011: Day 9 of the Second Global Celebration of:

ANT APPRECIATION MONTH INTERNATIONAL©2010

is being staged for Today which happens to fall on my Birthday, #59 for those of us counting. Let’s hear a round of applause for my Mom, Betty Friend Koopersmith who doesn’t even look 59 herself!

The Story begins like the Day did. It could not have been better.

My Dear Neighbor and Best Friend, Connie G. decorated our adjoining door in so much Birthday Whoopla, I almost needed a machete to get thru the ribbons, balloons, banners, gifts and wrappings. This Woman is Pure Love and Creativity. She makes getting older ‘FUN’ if you can imagine that. We sat and chatted; ate cake; drank coffee; got nutsy and discussed our various projects.

Later, I moseyed towards the garbage can and there on the sidewalk was a swarm of (at least) 500 RED ANTS. Nothing sweet and syrupy in particular was on the sidewalk. I always make sure my Birthday Cake goes IN me and not on the ground – although ANTS don’t really eat much. That’s why they are the opportune guests at Summertime Picnics. They are relatively 'LOW MAINTENACE' as it is said in the dating game. It was only about 7:45 AM and it amazed me that so many were out and about.

THE COUNTDOWN TO 60 BEGINS: Somebody must have tipped them off it was my Birthday – last one till 60 – last Birthday Cake till the 7TH Decade rolls in so they w-ANT-ed to get in on the GO: Grand Occasion. Hey, if THE ANTS can get up and get to WORK by 7:45 AM, there’s no reason why I can’t…but NOT on my Birthday.

And that is why we are celebrating:

ANT APPRECIATION MONTH INTERNATIONAL©2010

Party on…no matter what Size you are…

Cheers,
ASK:
Screenwriter – Author – Eventologist
SKiN: Sacred Kinship in Nature™
How 10 Beloved Plush Toys Redefine Race ©2009
Featuring: iN THE COMPANY OF ANTS ©2009
(that beat out 3164 other Scripts in Scriptapalooza’s International Screenplay Competition: 2010 – based in Hollywood)

Chicago – IL USA

8-9-2011 – 12:38 PM CST

No comments: