Monday, August 8, 2011

Koopersmith: Countdown to 60: 1 Day & 1 Year away...OR Ageless @ 59.

DATELINE: August 8, 2011 - 10:47 AM CST

Chicago, IL USA:

Deemed as:
‘America’s Premier Eventologist’ by Insight Magazine (Washington, DC) in August of 1997

&

‘The Premier Eventologist in The History of The World’ by The Chicago Tribune (Chicago, IL ) in January of 2001

I have created over 2,000 HOLIDATES TO CELEBRATE (falling in 37 different Categories) that can be celebrated throughout the years but tomorrow: Tuesday, August 9, 2011 is One Date that cannot be repeated as it only comes but ONCE IN A LIFETIME and that is the Ability to:

Turn 59.

My Motto is: “59 & feeling fine!”
and/or
“59 & looking fine!”

Yet, most likely, the Combo of: “59 & feeling & looking fine!” works better yet for me.

Although that Chunk of Time flew by in a snap, many Achievements & Accomplishments were scored. As a Writer, reviewing One’s Decades is very important, allowing us Writers to chart where we have been and what took place, as well as to properly plan for future Projects.

It was a Decade that found me much GREENER than most other Americans. Because I use my Bike as ‘my Vehicle’ every Day, I account that for my great Health, biking 14 miles daily, regardless of impending Weather Conditions. I began Biking on a daily bases at age 45 and highly endorse the Sport for several reasons.

In February of 2002(6 months before I turned 50) I started AFSEE: Advocates For Senior Equality & Enrichment ® that is my Forum to write, launch and promote Facets about the Aging Process/Progress that is made, viewed from my encounters with various sectors. As a BabyBoomer, our Mentality works on being eager and enthusiastic to set records and to ‘take on Challenges.’

In January, 2005 by being a Pop Culture Maven, I instinctively knew that the Toy Craze was going to overtake Hollywood and the active Consumer. As an avid Toy Collector since Birth, I took Inventory of my TOYS that would soon be working their way into the Plots & Sub-Polots of my Stories.

In the November/December 2006 Issue of Maturity Today (based in Las Vegas), I was the Feature Story whose title read as: Breaking The Age Barrier. In 2006, 54 is the New 34, but the Politicians and Mass Media have yet to acknowledge it.

In 2007, my fascination in Animation increased and I began connecting up with various People whose interest in this Art would launch my biggest Project yet – one that I would not begin till January of 2009. This is how a Build-up works. It’s all the Small Steps we take to get to where we are today…even if we don’t know exactly where we may be going (at the start or from the start) or if we will get ‘there’ any time soon.

On Sunday, October 5, 2008, on a fluke just to see if I still ‘had IT,’ I entered the Reality TV Show ‘She’s Got The Look’ (the Chicago Portion of their Hunt). This ‘over 35+ Modeling Casting Call’ was recruiting here in Chicago for their new Season’s Finalists. Placing in the top 20 from a pool of 400 women really stroked my ego! Judge & Fashionista Robert Verdi (based in New York City) said he never saw ‘such hair as mine’ and jumped off the stage to try on my faux fur leopard coat since he could see I am a ‘Fun Sort of Gal.’

HISTORICALLY: In January of 2009 with Barack Obama taking office as President of the USA, followed by the 200TH Year Birthday of President Abraham Lincoln on February 9, 2009, major shifts were happening in America. Being inspired by this, I began writing:

SKiN: Sacred Kinship in Nature™
How 10 Beloved Plush Toys Redefine Race ©2009

After penning 28 Chapters and Scenes for SKiN, in August of 2009 I was told by a Producer that my Text sounded like ‘Children’s Performance Theatre’ – indeed a very nice compliment. At that point, I took ‘The Leap’ and taught myself how to write Screenplays. Thus, the Development of this Series (of Movies and Books both based on the Toys in my Private Collection) that dealt with eliminating Racism; dissolving the Mixed Signals and Messages we constantly are bombarded with; and getting to the Heart of what really matters – 3 Themes that demand our Attention – was launched.

In June, 2010, I was featured in FAST COMPANY Magazine on Page 30. The topic being covered was 1 of my most popular HOLIDATES® called National Splurge Day ©1994.

In July of 2010, 1 of the 3 Scripts I scored from August, 2009 to April of 2010 beat out 3,164 other Scripts in one of the top International Screenplay Competitions based in Hollywood, called Scriptapalooza.

In February of 2011, I started COUNTDOWN TO 60® that many of my Facebook Friends find is quite amusing. It’s a wake-up call to get more done every Day – because Time has an uncanny way of passing us by if we let it. As of today, I have 1 Day & 1 year left. I have always been a firm Believer that “The Best is yet to come,’ yet what it becomes is left up to us as Individuals. What we accomplish every day makes those days worthwhile.

Monday, July 25, 2011 marked my 21ST Year of being: ‘America’s Premier Eventologist’ & ‘The Premier Eventologist in The History of The World.’ I am also proud of the Literary Contribution I have made called:

Eventology®
The Art of Event-Making
Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith’s Campaigns For Humanity ©1990

that contains 2,000+ HOLIDATES TO CELEBRATE (falling in 37 different Categories).

In July of 2011, I received a Citation from the Southern Poverty Law Center (one of the nation’s largest ‘Teaching Tolerance’ Organizations based in Montgomery, Alabama) for the Endeavors that I am performing with The Scripts called:

SKiN: Sacred Kinship in Nature™
How 10 Beloved Plush Toys Redefine Race ©2009
Spotlighting: iN THE COMPANY OF ANTS ©2009
The Scriptapalooza Intl Screenplay Competition’s Quarterfinalist Winner: 2010
(beating out 3,164 other Scripts)

And yes, it is those ageless TOYS that have become ‘The characTOYS® who speak to every one, everywhere, clear across our World no matter what AGE and/or SKiN Color you are.


QUOTES FOR ALL OF US BORN IN 1952:

“I can honestly say that 59 is the new 59…”
I’m happy I lived this long (considering many people do not) and that I carry with me Experiences, Thoughts & Philosophies no one else has; that have made me the Person I am today. Having this kind of acute mental and physical Health & Spirit allows me to carry on as I do…and doing as much as I can really makes those Days (and now Decades) as significant as they are.”

Quote of ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
Monday, August 8, 2011 – 9:24 AM CST

Many people run and ruin their Life according to Patterns that they or others set for themselves. That does not apply to me. 59 here I come!

If you wish to interview me for your publication &/or program; hire me as a Staff Writer/Contributor for my Work with AFSEE®; or have questions re: any of the above referenced material and projects during my 59TH year, just leave your message here.

IN CLOSING: I don’t know why I’m even writing to you as I don’t feel like a Senior and/or Seniorita, but now on The Verge of 59, I feel good. As a role model for a Generation, it’s the best Way to be. And I wish you the same…

After all: "59 is the new 59. Just you wait and see!"
Quote of ask: August 7, 2011


Sincerely,
ASK: Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
Screenwriter – Author – Eventologist
Chicago, Illinois USA

No comments: