Thursday, May 17, 2012

ASK on: Counting Heads or Racial Profiling? Babies taking the Lead in the USA.


ASK ON THE LATEST INTER-RACIAL & CROSS-CULTURAL STAT:  I love hearing the news first thing in the AM as I drink my coffee.  It lets me know what is the latest  NEWS & TRENDS that I sh/be concerned with. This must be from my Sociology Studies that I did when I was a college student, back in the 1970s.

This AM the NEWS did not let me down.   On NBC News (here in Chicago) the featured fact is that now the rate is 50.4% of Babies born in the USA are not White, but of Black, Hispanic and Asian Descent.  Since I was a Kid in the 1950s-60s ‘Growing Up Koopersmith’ in a small town in downstate Illinois, I always prided the USA on being  a 'Melting Pot.'   Now, We have certainly proven that.  I can only imagine (altho I really don't even WANT TO THINK OF THAT) how White Supremist Groups think of that. 

For Teachers & Bloggers reading this Post,  the lead Article is found online at:


In part, that OnLine Article states:

For the first time, racial and ethnic minorities make up more than half the children born in the U.S., in what has been described as an 'important landmark' in the evolution of the country's demographic. 

New census estimates for 2011 highlight sweeping changes in the nation's racial makeup, capping decades of heady immigration growth that is now slowing.

It also reveals the prolonged impact of a weak economy, which is resulting in fewer Hispanics entering the U.S.

There are some great Graphs here as well – I encourage you to take some time and check it out, very interesting from every Perspective & ‘Respective.’

Cheers, ASK: Screenwriter – Author – Eventologist – Promoter

SkiN: Sacred Kinship in Nature ™

How 10 Beloved Plush Toys Redefine Race ©2009

Studio 1437

Chicago – IL USA



5-17-2012 – 10:55 AM CST


NOTE:  Also posted on @: 
Facebook.com/Adrienne Sioux Koopersmith
Twitter.com/ASK_Koopersmith


No comments: